The basic of men’s basketball
Who is Eligible
This league is designed for adult males, ages 25 and older, who wish to play basketball on a recreational basis. There are two options for teams to register this year, Open and Rec. Team online registrations only. No individual registrations will be accepted.
Registration window is September 1 – November 17, 2014. During this time, the team captain must mail, fax or drop off a fully completed roster form with all players listed.
- In order to be considered a resident team, the roster must be comprised of 70% residents.
- If under 70%, the team will be charged the non-resident team rate.
- In order to be eligible, the team roster must be composed of a certain number of residents.
- Open: At least 1 resident on the team.
- Rec: At least 3 residents on the team.
- Residency status will be verified by the Recreation Supervisor, then confirmed at the first regular season game.
- Once residency status is verified, the team captain will be permitted to pay online or provide a check to the parks department.
- Adult Team Roster Form
Open Men’s Basketball
The Open league welcomes players that are at least 25 years old. Teams must have at least 1 New Albany-Plain Local School District resident on the roster. Games will be played on the full court with two referees.
Open Resident Team Registration Fee: $580.00
Open Non-Resident Team Registration Fee: $650.00
Rec Men’s Basketball
The Rec league welcomes players that are at least 30 years old. Teams must have at least 3 New Albany-Plain Local School District residents on the roster. Games will be played on cross courts with one referee.
Rec. Resident Team Registration Fee: $530.00
Rec. Non-Resident Team Registration Fee: $600.00
The regular season will consist of an eight game regular season schedule and a single elimination post season tournament. All teams will advance to the first round of the tournament. All games will be played on Sunday afternoon/evenings.
Regular Season: 12/7, 12/14, 1/4, 1/11, 1/18, 1/25, 2/8, 2/15
Tournament: 2/22 and 3/1
Where to Play
Adult basketball is played at New Albany 2–5 Elementary, Middle School or High School gyms.
How To Get Your Online User Name And Password
- To receive a registration ID and password, please CLICK HERE. You will create your account online and within 72 hours you will receive an activation e-mail.
For More Info
Dave Wharton, Director
Brian Smith, Recreation Supervisor
Registration is ...
Registration window is September 1 – November 17, 2014.
All the other details
League Standings and Game Results
New Albany Parks & Recreation Refund Request